July 30, 2015
My experience with Vitamin World has been horrific. In particular, my experience, in the past 2 weeks, with one order has sucked. If my experience is any indication of how Vitamin World services its customers, the company will fail miserably, in this competitive field. They have loss me as a customer.
I am posting this review on line, and strongly recommend that current and potential customers stay away from Vitamin World.
Here are the highlights of my horrific experience:
1. Shipping - When a customer places an order the email receipt gives No indication of delivery date or shipping option. The customer does not know when to expect the product.
2. Customer Service - Even the order status page on the web gives no information on delivery.
3. Customer Service - When orders are rejected from processing, notifications are not sent to the customer, nor is the customer contacted. The customer is just left hanging under an illusion of a forthcoming delivery.
4. Customer Service - Customer Reps are not well trained and often can't even find orders when the customer inquired. This could also be a CRM system issue, whereby their tools are inadequate.
5. Customer Service - When there is a order failure, Vitamin World simply reprocess orders over and over again, and never followed all the way through nor or do they correct their known logistical problems. In my case the order was processed over and over again and repeatedly rejected without notification or any know "real" problem.
6. Customer Service - The customer service order status, web delivery status, as well as, customer rep information is conflicting and inconsistent. In my case, I received 3 conflicting statuses on my order in the same call versus web status check.
7. Customer Service - Customer issues and complaints calls are not recorded or noted by customer service in the system. Each representative knows nothing about prior calls, which is frustrating for I called about of 11 times to track status of this order, mostly to no avail.
8. Shipping - This company is truly suffering from communication problems between departments. Customer Service seems disconnected from shipping. Customer Service only tells you what is in the system, but cannot check other departments to determine if the system in inaccurate, and seem incapable of "exception processing" to address serious customer service debacles, as with mine.
9. Customer Service - The web site gives members the ability to add shipping addresses on line that might be regularly used. This can be updated once the user successfully passes login security. However, when the user tries to ship to an address other than their primary address, the additional shipping addresses are not honored in shipping, after credit/debit card is authorized. I placed an order to ship to an 80 year old lady, who lives in another state and city. I added the address properly. The order was processed properly, but was rejected due to shipping address that the web site allowed me to add. There was a credit hold on my checking account all the while.
10. Customer Service - While this circus went on, a credit freeze was place on my checking account no less. This freeze was on, and off, and back on over a 2 week period.
11. Customer Service - Apparently Vitamin World is not aware how competitive the supplement industry is, or they don't care. I am a big spending customer with Vitamin Shoppe, and VitaCost, as well. Coincidentally, I placed an order with VitaCost on the very same day, at the same time, and received the products 4 days ago, without a hitch. I have had similar problems with Vitamin Shoppe, but not as bad as with Vitamin World. Perhaps they are the same company. But with VitaCost, the customer service and shipping has been exceptional. I high recommend VitaCost of the 3 competitors.
I am so disappointed by this experience and want Vitamin World to take my concerns seriously. Therefore, I am sending this email to customer review sites on the web so that others are aware, and so that Vitamin World gets its act together. I am also, in this regard, sending this message to Vitamin World email addresses.
This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "just release me from ever being a vitamin world customer and complete my order" as the author lost $102. The author is overall dissatisfied with Vitamin World. The most disappointing about supplements from Vitamin World was communication issues, shipping logistical issues and untrained customer service staff , but reviewer liked price. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.
Also, you can continue reading comments about Vitamin World.
Check out the best and the worst companies in Drug Stores and Drugs category for more informed decision or compare Vitamin World to other companies on our site.